- Large Air Venting Capability
- Factory Calibrated & Tested
- Bronze Body, Forged Brass Cover, Union Nut & Tailpiece
- Pipe Sizes: 1/2” & 3/4” NPT (1/2” special order only)
- Piping Pattern: Vertical (Air Vent) or Horizontal for (Crossover Trap) application
- Designed for Steam Vapor and Low Pressure Steam Systems
The Barnes & Jones “Big Mouth” vent is a thermostatic main vent designed for maximum evacuation of air and non-condensable gases from steam vapor systems and low-pressure steam heating systems operating at or below 1-2 PSIG. Available in ¾” NPT (standard) and ½” NPT (special order).For best results, install the vent approximately 8”-10”above the steam main piping and 12” from the end of the main. For systems operating at higher pressures the discharge should be connected to a dry return. The Big Mouth can used as a Cross-over steam trap when installed in the horizontal position and connected to a dry return.